On a related note, the court granted retailer Hobby Lobby an injunction against the HHS Contraception Mandate. Hobby Lobby is fighting the mandate on grounds that providing abortion services as part of their health plans violates their religious beliefs. It looked like Hobby Lobby was going to face thousands of dollars in fines per day since the courts seemed to side with the Obama administration. But now the courts are going to look into the matter more carefully and while they do so Hobby Lobby won’t face any fines. The fight is just beginning, but at least it looks like there are cracks developing in the federal government’s push to trample our freedom of religion. Let’s hear it for religious liberty!
- Hobby Lobby Wins Injunction Stopping Enforcement of HHS Mandate | LifeNews.com (grindaline.wordpress.com)
- Hobby Lobby wins a stay against birth control mandate (reuters.com)
- LifeNews Pro-Life News Report 7/19/13 (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Texas abortion restrictions signed into law. (aconsciouspolitician.com)
- New Texas ‘fetal heartbeat’ bill would outlaw nearly all abortions (rawstory.com)
- God Still Reigns! And Hobby Lobby Wins Injunction (selahvtoday.typepad.com)
- Rick Perry signs into law most restrictive abortion law in nation (trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com)