Dr. Manny Alvarez suggests 10 “easy” steps for our Lenten diet. And this diet has nothing to do with your waistline. Remember what Sister Margie Lavonis said in my previous article, Lent is more than just skipping desserts. So here we have a few short Lenten dieting tips:
1. Focus on loving God and all his greatness, instead of celebrities, action figures, “real” housewives or even world leaders that think they know best.
2. Be careful of wolves in sheep’s clothing, like politicians, promising you something but taking your liberties away.
3. Set up standards of morality at home. Enough with the casual cursing. Teach kids some etiquette and manners, and use yourself as an example.
4. Spend time with your family, telling stories, and listening to those around you. Because someday you will wish you had.
You can read the full list here on Fox News’ health section.
- Servants of Mary Lenten appeal (servantsofmaryblog.wordpress.com)
- Nike and Fiat: My Lenten Brands + Lenten Wallpapers (soulmeetsbodyfitness.wordpress.com)
- Join the CCD Lenten Challange (ccofdallasblog.org)